Werner Accepts Seven Industry-Leading Awards During 2012
Dec 20, 2012
Werner Recognized as a Product Category Leader and Retail Partner of the Year
Greenville, PA, December 20, 2012 – Werner Co. was honored with seven prestigious awards during 2012, including recognition from industry leading trade and business publications and from retail partners, Ace Hardware and The Home Depot. The Werner Compact Extension Ladder, introduced in the spring of 2012, was recognized several times as the most innovative product of the year.
"We are committed to design and product innovation at the highest level," said William T. Allen, President and CEO at Werner Co. "We are extremely honored to receive these acknowledgments from our industry partners and we will continue to develop products that are recognized for their distinction, safety and innovation to meet the evolving needs of our customers.'
Backed by over 60 years of product and manufacturing innovation, Werner was recognized in 2012 as a product category leader, retail partner of the year, as well as acknowledged for having an accomplished executive leadership team. The 2012 Werner award highlights include:
- Werner’s Compact Aluminum Extension Ladder was recognized as a 2012 Innovation Award winner by HANDY. The magazine honors products that showcase initiative, creativity, invention, reinvention and eco-innovation.
- The Compact Aluminum Extension Ladder received Home Improvement Executive’s1st place 2012 Innovation Award.
- Werner received a 2012 Innovation Award for the Compact Extension Ladder and was recognized as the 2012 Partner of the Year by The Home Depot.
- Ace Hardware recognized Werner as a top vendor of the year for outstanding service to the hardware cooperative, its retailers and customers.
- Werner Co. was awarded the 2012 North American Retail Hardware Association’s (NRHA) Gold Distinction Awards for both the packaging and merchandising categories with the new Werner attic ladder line, demonstrating Werner’s commitment to providing their retailers with top-notch selling tools.
- Werner Co. received the Supply Chain Innovation Award for the company’s innovative programs, projects and collaboration in supply chain manufacturing.
- William T. Allen, CEO and Chairman of the Board at Werner Co. was honored as a CEO of the Year by Pittsburgh Business Times, 2012 Diamond Awards, which recognizes the most accomplished business leaders.